“A nation’s greatness depends upon the education of its people”
From its initial inception at a INTO CEC meeting on the 19th of November 1921 to its opening on the 2nd of November 1923 Club na Múinteoirí has been an integral part of the cultural and social history of the INTO. Housed in two beautifully restored Georgian buildings (36 & 37) on Parnell Square, Club na Múinteoirí (The Teachers’ Club) has served the needs of its members and patrons down through the years.
For close on nine decades Club na Múinteoirí has evolved from a simple series of meeting rooms and a library to become a thriving oasis in the heart of the city. Housed between two buildings with four floors of meeting rooms, function rooms, a purpose built theatre and a well-appointed lounge bar.
The Club is an eclectic and diverse location for all life in the city, our competitive rental rates and range and quality of facilities ensure numerous clubs, societies, amateur dramatic associations, activist groups, schools and adult education classes utilise our premises. The Club is also a popular venue for parties, launches, seminars and conferences.
Over the last decade our purpose built theatre has propelled the Club in a new direction and set us at the forefront of small theatres in the city. Theatre@36 has been an immensely popular and successful addition to the variety of services we here at Club na Muinteoirí can provide.
So if it’s a retirement, birthday, christening, wedding, bar mitzvah, divorce, book launch, seminar, meeting, screening, staging or just a quiet drink in our beautiful lounge, please consider Club na Múinteoirí as your venue of choice.